Phone: (312) 236-3060
Fax: (312) 236-3061
Mr. Seiden has a Juris Doctor from John Marshall Law School and a B.S. and B.A. from Roosevelt University.
Mr. Seiden concentrates his practice in the areas of criminal and commercial litigation. He has been extensively involved in the litigation practice for over 40 years at both the state and federal Courts plus administrative hearings for numerous different matters. Mr. Seiden possesses extensive trial experience and has litigated cases from coast to coast, appeared in over 30 separate state and federal jurisdictions with cases that range from simple possession of illegal substances to complicated business disputes. These diverse matters included real estate and significant business disputes. One of which involved the litigation of leases for satellite transponders and the launch and orbit thereof. Over the years, he had an inordinate amount of practical experience and developed a reputation for trying difficult cases around the country. It is not unusual for other attorneys to bring him in as a litigation counsel.
Mr. Seiden was honored as an Illinois Super Lawyer for many years and is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, American Bar Association and Illinois State Bar Association. He has been a guest lecturer at Loyola University Chicago on litigation. He is admitted to practice in six Federal Appellate Districts and has appeared Pro Hac Vice in numerous State and Federal Courts. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and the United States Tax Court and is very well known in the numerous Court systems.
Mr. Seiden began his private practice of law upon the first day of being licensed in the State of Illinois and has been solving client problems ever since. He has experience in transactional, business, contracts and real estate disputes. He began his work career in a family business and the learned expectations of business clients plus the emotional turmoil that litigation creates.
A sampling of our representations in litigation includes:
- The successful defense of a $30 million anti-trust case in Marin County, California;
- The successful defense of a lease for satellite transponders in New York Federal District Court in a case involving Nationwide Insurance, Heart, ABC, Cap. Cities Cable, Viacom and LifeTime TV, which was eventually settled after appeal;
- The successful prosecution as the Plaintiff’s attorney in cases from coast to coast to enforce the validity of their large equipment leases;
- The successful defense of many Federal white collar criminal cases; and
- Appearance in Courts throughout the country to represent parties in a large variety of cases.